Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Change in the Wind

For the past 10 years I have served my school district as a building-based Instructional Coach. During that time, I planned and hosted professional development and inservice training for the staff at the schools in which I was based. My job also included time for coaching teachers in teaching strategies, providing resources, facilitating book studies and guiding teachers in conversations about pedagogy and data.

Last Friday we got word that the coaching program will be cut significantly because of a budget crisis. There will be fewer coaches which means traveling between buildings and less time to build relationships with teachers. In the shadow of these looming changes I have made the decision to return to the classroom next year.

This blog will chronicle my journey.

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be awesome! I bet it will help some of the others, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to blog about your journey. I'll be following you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa and Glenda! I'm happy to have the support!

    ReplyDelete